Frequently Asked Questions
Music is powerful in many ways. It reaches across nations and across generations. The American Symphony Orchestra supports and promotes music for adults and children alike — but we need your help. Help us continue to create moving music for the city of New York and beyond. Click around to learn more about us and giving to the ASO.
Why Should I Donate to the ASO?
We believe in accessibility. Always have — since 1962 to be exact. Check out how we make great music accessible to you.
- Average ticket price for every concert in New York City is $25.
- Free or reduced-price tickets for select student groups, senior citizen centers, and underprivileged individuals.
- Pre-concert discussions are free to ticket holders at every Carnegie Hall concert.
- Digital recordings available online for purchase.
- Exceptional depth. Every ticket-holder has access to pre-concert discussions for all Carnegie Concerts. Scholarly essays for each concert are at your fingertips on our website.
- We give you something extraordinary — every concert. Ready for something fresh? Come to one of our concerts. We love a world premiere or resurrecting pieces that haven’t been heard in decades. Talk about unique!
- ASO believes in music education. Some students don’t have the luxury of taking music lessons or even music classes. We provide students private lessons with our world-class musicians.
- Our donors get great benefits – from free cds to exclusive invitations to parties, receptions and even dinner with the Maestro himself. Click here to find out how.
How Can I donate?
- Click here to donate online.
- Call 212-868-9276 (9ASO) (Dial extension 3)
- Mail a check made out to “American Symphony Orchestra” to
American Symphony Orchestra
Attn: Jennifer Luzzo
263 W 38th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10018
When should I donate?
Any time you donate is the best time to donate. Every contribution is helpful and every contribution makes a difference. If you value the ASO, please consider contributing as generously as possible.
How much should I donate?
Every donation is helpful – even a dollar. But if you want to help in more significant ways, we have giving levels at $60, $100, $250, $500, $1000, and $5000. If you’re interested in a larger gift feel free to contact email@example.com for other giving options.