You Make It Possible
"Music should be an essential part of daily life as opposed to a prohibitively expensive ‘luxury’ experience.”—Music Director Leon Botstein
The American Symphony Orchestra aspires to be at the forefront of redefining what it means to be a symphony orchestra. However, ticket sales can only cover a small portion of the cost of our operations. Your support makes it possible for the ASO to champion neglected masterpieces and provide transformative orchestral concerts for all audiences, regardless of means.
Your tax-deductible donations help us to:
- Present extraordinary themed concerts of rare orchestral music at venues across New York City;
- Make diverse programming accessible to New Yorkers of all backgrounds: ASO tickets start at just $25, with over 3,000 tickets provided free of charge to underserved communities;
- Sustain the livelihoods of some of New York’s finest musicians;
- Offer over 150 recordings on our website, with many representing the only recordings in existence of rare works that the ASO has restored; and
- Provide extended concert notes, libretti, and lectures, all free of charge.
Become A Member
- 2 complimentary tickets to our mainstage concerts at Carnegie Hall
- Early access to new ASO Online offerings
- Priority performance seating, and more
- 4 complimentary tickets to our mainstage concerts at Carnegie Hall
- Attendance at Member events at iconic New York City venues
- An ASO coffee mug, and more
- Complimentary box at our Carnegie Hall concerts and backstage access
- Attendance at invitation-only events including an annual reception at Bryant Park, Orchestral Rehearsals, and private chamber music concerts
- Signed Playbill program, and more
Ways To Give
Make a secure online donation
You can send a check to the address below, payable to:
American Symphony Orchestra
1330 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 23A
New York, NY 10019
We'd love to hear from you! You can make a credit card donation over the phone by calling us at (646) 237-5022
Many companies match employees' contributions to non-profit organizations. Matching gifts can double or triple the impact of your contribution. Contact us for more info.
Make your gift last longer with monthly or quarterly installments. Recurring gifts are an easy way to budget your giving and support the ASO automatically. Simply select "Recurring Gift" when making your online donation.
Gifts of appreciated stock are easily transferable and tax-deductible. Contact us for more information on how to make a stock donation to the ASO.
An ASO Corporate Sponsorship is a unique way to enjoy a variety of branding and hospitality benefits, and provides access to our audience and patrons. Contact us to discuss options for sponsorship packages.
The American Symphony Orchestra relies on support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies to be able to offer concerts of exceptional artistry within the means of everyone. Thank you to everyone who has provided financial support to help make the music possible.
For more information please fill out the form or contact our development department at 212.868.9276 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music plays a special part in the lives of many New York residents. The American Symphony Orchestra gratefully acknowledges the support of the following foundations and government agencies that have made a difference in the culture of New York:
The ASO’s Vanguard Series and Chamber Series are made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Kathy Hochul and the New York State Legislature.